Jan 11, 2006

1337 Stuff

I've switched over to firefox 1.5 aka Deer Park on my desktop Gentoo Linux for sometime now. The thing is, I found that its VER VERY slow compare to the previous version (especially on Friendster and Blogger ! >.<). I'm still using the old firefox 1.x in my 2 WindowsXP box. Wonder if the problem lies in the OS ? No, I had yet to try 1.5 on WinXP.

Recently, Liferea (my fav RSS reader !) failed to emerge on my Gento, I can't live without news (ok, I did ignore it for about 2 weeks), finally, I decided to RSSOwl as my altenative newsfeed reader, while Liferea gets fix (I still think its a prelink problem, howoever I dont have time to test it ....) First things first, I importeed all the feed from Liferea easily. I'm still not used to the layout and defaults of RSSOwl, I'm starting to miss Liferea already. However, the good news is, RSSOwl seems much fastere the Liferea (althougth its Java based, maybe its just me ?). The SWT toolkit makes the GUI beautiful and responsive. Some of the features I like here that is missing from Liferea includes PDF/RTF/HTML convertion, ability to display all news at the same time, unless u click on the categories, and much more. I haven't been playing around with it, but I can tell u I'm missing Liferea a lil less now ........ The thing that really annoys me is that the minize to taskbar feaature doesn't work well with my fluxbox >.<

Interesting Stuffs I read today:-

Blueray Specs Finalized

Blueray finally ! By by DVD, hello HD home entertainment ^.^ Good news, other than Sony, Pioneer and Philip are the other major brand supporting this format. It is also rumoured that ps3 games are in Blueray discs ? Arhhhh, no pirated copies (yet?) ? Sux :(

AVG Releases free antivirus for Linux

Wee, my fav anti-virus for Windows released for Linux desktop. Do I really need it ?

Should I get anti-virus for Linux ?

I guesse not ^.^

No comments:

Post a Comment