Oct 23, 2004

Damn Small Linux

I'm surfing the net and updating my journal, on a 50 MB Linux distro, firefox and all running on RAM, :D

It's called, Damn Small Linux, get it here.

This lightweight distro rules. I fixed my crashed hdd, recover some files, and prepared it for my new Gentoo installation (reiser4 formatted root baby). Also, the distro actually auto detected the 512MB I used for swap previously. Hei, I'm running the whole distro on my 768k RAM, ;p

This whole distro roX, while running the flux windows manager, CPU cycl rarely goes above 20% even while running firefox. Now while its working thou, firefox is a resource sucked, my RAM usage nearly triple after I loaded it. What surprised me was, firefox manage to lag the distro, even fully loaded into the RAM .....

No comments:

Post a Comment